Be Good Be Social - Top ten tips
1. Don't be a dick. Sara Thomas's words, not mine. Arguably the most comprehensive social media strategy in existence.
2. Social media isn't just about your marketing team, you need to start involving everyone.
3. You don't have to be a national charity to make a real impact with social media. In fact you don't even need staff.
4. People love cupcakes.
5. Live-streaming and live-tweeting events add a whole other dimension to the experience.
6. Let go of the element of control - don't panic when a user or supporter stretches your logo a little bit to tell their story.
7. Social media is a vital tool for isolated groups, especially those living in rural areas.
8. Good quality photography really helps bring an event to life.
9. Using a little imagination, QR codes can be an incredibly powerful tool for charities.
10. If you leave your #BeGoodBeSocial mug in a pub it will very quickly end up in Uganda.