Because member since:
June 9, 2012
You can find victoria silver on LinkedIn.
Effective, enthusiastic and pro-active external relations professional, working across charity, national and local government sectors. Qualified with MA degree from Westminster University accredited by CIPR. I have significant experience in the volunteering, housing and poverty sectors.
Always the first to challenge, I have energy and enthusiasm and a commitment to delivering above expectations.
I devised and help deliver a Westminster facing campaign for the YWCA (Platform 51) – the national women’s charity helping disadvantaged women take control of their lives – called ‘More than one Rung’ exposing issues around low pay that successfully influenced a number of Government initiatives including:
- A Low Pay Commission review being established
- The campaign calls taken up in an influential report looking into the progress of the Women and Work Commission’s recommendations on the gender pay gap
- The Business Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Committee’s report, ‘Jobs for the Girls’ took up the campaign’s concerns by calling on the Government to provide more funding for careers advice in schools
- The increase in the minimum wage for women apprentices, which the Government increased from £80 to £95. This was one of the main calls of the More Than One Rung campaign, and ministers acknowledged the impact of the campaign in their announcement and linked publicity www.morethanonerung.org/
Strategic campaign planning and delivery
Project and campaign management, and evaluation
Customer and market insight
- be the change you wish to see in the world